Pacquiao vs Clottey News | Pacquiao vs Clottey Videos | Pacquiao vs Clottey Pictures | Pacquiao vs Clottey Streaming

Pacquiao vs Clottey : The Event - Latest News and Updates, HBO 24/7 Videos Episodes Streaming

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Clottey unveils game plan to beat Pacquiao

WASHINGTON D.C.: Unfazed by the failure of his long-time trainer to come to the United States because of visa problems, Joshua Clottey still believes he has a “game plan” to dethrone Manny Pacquiao in their March 13 world welterweight title showdown.

“I am working hard and will be ready for the fight. I still have a good team around me and am confident I will come out victorious,” Clottey told Ryan Burton of BoxingScene.com in an exclusive interview.

Without delving into details, the iron-chinned Ghanaian slugger said he knows what he has to do to defeat the Pacquiao (50-3-2, 38 knockouts), the world’s reigning pound-for-pound best boxer.

“I have all my plans and that is what I am training for right now. I need to practice them so I can execute them when I step in the ring. I have all my plans in my head,” said Clottey (35-3, 21 knockouts), who also said he has fought effectively against southpaws before.

In fact, Clottey’s biggest win was his unanimous decision victory over former undisputed world welterweight champion Zab Judah, a lefty like Pacquiao, in August 2008 to win the International Boxing Federation welterweight title.

Clottey, 33, shrugged off Pacquiao trainer Freddie Roach’s prediction that the Filipino ring superstar would break down Clottey’s game and knock him out in the late rounds.

“[Pacquiao’s] team is saying they are going to knock me out and really I don’t mind them saying that. They can say whatever they want to say. I already know in my head what I am going to do and how I am going to win,” Clottey said.

He said he is currently training with two undefeated sparring mates at training camp. The first one is very quick just like Pacquiao to get ready for the Filipino’s vaunted speed and explosiveness. And the bigger one is helping him hone his power for the biggest fight of his career.

Source: manilatimes.net

No comments:

Post a Comment