Pacquiao vs Clottey News | Pacquiao vs Clottey Videos | Pacquiao vs Clottey Pictures | Pacquiao vs Clottey Streaming

Pacquiao vs Clottey : The Event - Latest News and Updates, HBO 24/7 Videos Episodes Streaming

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Don’t write me off, says Clottey

MANILA, Philippines—Manny Pacquiao may be the overwhelming favorite in their upcoming fight, but Joshua Clottey believes he’s got the tools to beat the pound-for-pound king.

Fact is, the New York-based Ghanaian insists it’s no upset if he emerges triumphant in their showdown for the Filipino icon’s World Boxing Organization welterweight crown on March 13 at the Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

“I’m in shape,” Clottey told FanHouse.com editor Lem Satterfield. “I want to prove to the whole world that this is a fight that I can win, and that they should be careful not to write me off.”

Though he’ll be the biggest fighter Pacquiao has ever faced, bettors and boxing pundits have listed the 33-year-old Clottey a 3-1 underdog in their pay-per-view duel dubbed “The Event.”

This glaring lack of appreciation for his skills, has spurred Clottey to prepare and train even harder at his base camp at the Contender’s Gym in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

“My training is going very well for this one. I work out in the morning, running from here to the beach. I run on the beach. I go to the gym. I spar,” said Clottey.

“Today, I sparred 10 rounds with four-minute rounds and a 30-second rest in between. I’m not really even tired after I’m finished.”

With all his three losses against former world champions coming by way of disputable scores, if not circumstances, Clottey feels he still owns an unblemished record.

And thus, people shouldn’t consider it as a big upset if he ends Pacquiao’s win-streak at 11, the last four coming by way of knockouts.

“Manny Pacquiao is a human being, like everyone else. He’s just a really good fighter who is out there now, who is No. 1 now,” said Clottey.

Admitting that he’s going to be out-punched by Pacquiao, the 33-year-old Clottey reasoned out that it’s not the volume of punches, but the number of connections that would sway the balance in his favor.

Source: inquirer.net

No comments:

Post a Comment